The Value of ITAD
Just what is ITAD (spoiler: it stands for IT asset disposition) and why do companies use a professional ITAD provider instead of disposing of used IT equipment themselves? ITAD should be a strategic plan developed by your organization to securely handle technology assets when they are no longer needed. Done correctly by professionals, ITAD offers data protection, environmentally safe practices, and most important, brand protection. We invite you to view this infographic and let us know if you want to talk in more detail about it.
Share this Infographic:
The Value of ITAD
ITAD = information technology asset disposition.
ITAD refers to the process of properly handling a company’s IT assets (e.g., laptops, desktops, servers, storage devices, and mobile devices) when they are no longer needed.
ITAD is a set of strategic activities designed to:
- Protect an organization’s brand
- Secure an organization’s data
- Ensure environmental protection
- Maximize residual value
Services an ITAD Provider Can Offer Businesses
- Data sanitization
- Responsible recycling
- Secure transportation
- Onsite services
- Full reporting
- Global reach
Top 3 Benefits of Working with an ITAD Provider
- Data security
- Environmental stewardship
- Brand protection
Concern about data security is the number one reason companies choose a professional ITAD provider.
- With each device retired, there is the risk of exposing sensitive information
- Data breaches can cost organizations millions of dollars
- Professional ITAD providers are best equipped to ensure complete erasure
In 2014, over 41,800,000 metric tons of electronic waste were produced worldwide.
- Human health hazards and environmental damage from improperly discarded electronics are serious issues
- ITAD firms focus on reuse before recycling
- ITAD professionals ensure that devices are properly processed and disposed of in a safe and compliant way
Data exposure can cause irreparable damage to a business’s brand.
- ITAD firms are hyperfocused on data security and risk mitigation
- ITAD providers understand the importance of environmental protection
- Professional ITAD firms offer onsite services, their own technicians and transportation, automated facilities, and more
Understanding the Value of Professional ITAD
Professional, full-service ITAD companies can return value to their customers in several important ways:
- Expert knowledge of data destruction and environmental regulations
- International compliance with many different standards
- State-of-the-art data sanitization equipment and techniques
- Complete asset validation and documentation
- Risk of data exposure or asset loss is minimized
- Skilled in remarketing for greater value return
Using a professional ITAD firm may offer significant advantages in the areas of:
- Liability Protection
- Peace of Mind
About Arrow Value Recovery
Arrow’s Value Recovery group provides specialized IT asset disposition (ITAD) and reverse supply chain solutions that protect our clients’ brands and uncover opportunity for value capture at the end of the IT product life cycle.
Arrow Value Recovery protects clients with a comprehensive mix of best practices, best processes, experience, thorough reporting, and the highest levels of service.
Make sure your company is smart, secure, and protected. Contact Arrow Value Recovery today.